Inter County Card Scheme - A route to good golf at competitive rates
The County Card scheme was originally formed in 2006 with 11 member clubs in Nottinghamshire and 4 local Counties agreeing to take part. Since that time the scheme has grown exponentially!
Now there are 27 clubs within the County, a total of 34 participating Counties and almost 1500 Clubs nationwide prepared to accept visiting card holders at reduced rates. The scheme has really caught on and continues to expand, thus providing benefits to individual club members, to Clubs themselves and to Counties as a whole.
What do we mean by this?
- The purchase of a £10 County Card enables the buyer (any member of an affiliated participating Golf Club) to access reduced green fees at any one of these 1500 clubs. This is cheaper than any other proprietary offer and just as extensive…..and it’s expanding all the time.
- The Union receives an annual payment of £10 for every card sold. With the exception of the marginal costs of expenses and administration every penny of this money is invested back in promoting the development of grass roots golf in your County.
- Clubs themselves secure additional green fees and can be assured that those visitors playing their course hold a valid CONGU handicap.
So how does it work?
- Membership cards are issued annually and are available for purchase from your Club Secretary/Manager at a cost of £10 per card. These cards are valid from the 1st April each year. Ask your Secretary for a card NOW and in time for 2012.
- Each member Club agrees to accept card holders and offer a reduction of up to 50% on the normal green fee rate subject to the time of play. The discount offered is at the discretion of the host Club and it is usual not to allow more than 4 in a party. Discounts and conditions of play should be checked with the host club when you arrange your visit.
- Card holders may play once a year at any of the listed Clubs, albeit many clubs gladly welcome return visits.
So, speak to your Club Secretary/ Manager TODAY ……….. GET YOUR CARD FOR JUST £10.
PLEASE CLICK HERE for details of participating Counties, and contact details for participating Clubs.